It seems not a day goes by at the Little Glass House Café that a customer will call or message to find out what’s on our menu specials board. Maybe there’s a customer favorite or something new to try.
But what’s behind the selection criteria for the café specials each week? It’s a combination of Chef Boy’s and Chanida’s culinary inspiration, giving a new recipe a try, or bringing back one of the tried-and-true French or Italian dishes loved around the world.
Just as important, many of our specials really depend on what is available at market that week. Quality meat and fish selections, from Atlantic salmon or cod, and Alaskan sole to fine cuts of Australian beef tenderloin and Angus ribeye can be found on the menu specials board.
Seasonal fresh vegetables and fruits, such as Japanese sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, Mission figs, and heirloom tomatoes can really make all the difference in rounding out a fine meal. So, when quality growers, such as the Green Garden farm high in the local Chiang Mai hills have something special to harvest we jump at the mouth-watering possibilities.
What are few of the favorite dishes featured on our Little Glass House Café specials menu board? Let’s take a peek:
- Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, stuffed mushroom, almonds and raisins with a red wine sauce and mashed potatoes.
- Homemade mini Pita Bread with three Middle Eastern Dipping Sauces: Baba Ganoush, Hummus and Zaalouk.
- Pan seared Alaskan sole, sundried tomatoes, bok choy and lemon butter sauce.
- Beetroot Carpaccio with delicate orange segments, mixed greens, feta cheese and orange dressing.
- Traditional Moroccan Tagines, either chicken or lamb, with a choice of couscous salad or homemade pita bread has become a longstanding specials favorite.
- Fresh Burrata cheese, fancy tomatoes, pesto and balsamic reduction.
- Maple and Smoked Bacon Sausage with caponata and roasted potatoes.
- Just to name a few…
But don’t forget, in addition to our weekly specials, there is the restaurant’s regular full-featured menu with a wonderful selection of fine Italian, French, and Mediterranean dishes to choose from.
Stop by, give us a call or a Facebook message to find out what’s on the Little Glass House Café specials menu board today.
See You Soon and Happy Dining!